Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Celebration



First off, if I were to say, "I'm not excited about going to school," it would be a lie. I can't wait! I've been busy studying math, and Jake said I'm going to make him look bad. Whatever! Hopefully, we'll both be able to take Math 1050 together during the summer. Well, we can both take it, just not at the same time because that would require a baby sitter. And, Jake has already informed me that we can't study together, because our minds think differently. (Does his reasoning sound a little weird to anyone else)? I believe it all stems from the I'll-make-him-look-bad-syndrome, which he's suddenly beginning to develop. Jake makes me laugh! The only reason I'm studying math, is because I'm not comfortable with my math abilities. So there you have it. I can do this!

So, on to St. Patrick's day...

First thing that morning, I ran into the kids room to tell them a little Leprechaun left a prize! Well, what was it? Toys? Chocolate coins? No! A new package of construction paper and a full bottle of glue! He probably though it would be a sneaky trick not leaving toys or candy; but, my kids love construction paper and glue. So the Leprechaun's plan was foiled.

After dressing in a little green, we had a small Irish breakfast: Fried Eggs and Potato Farls. They were yummy. I was stuffed! Even the kids liked it. Mercedes loved the Potato Farls, which are like a mashed potato patty. Then, we watched "Darby O'Gill and the Little People*". The Leprechauns fascinated Mercedes! She was amazed at how small they were, and was so excited that one came to our house! We also tried Irish Soda Bread, colored pictures of Leprechauns, and almost played some Gaelic games. I guess we'll get to them later.

Did you do anything fun for St. Patrick's day?

*Just a word of warning. If you have sensitive children, skip the Banchi. When I was little, she was very scary; so, we skipped that part.

No comments: