Monday, March 15, 2010

Just Us

I just wanted to write a little post, and let you all know what we've been up to. I haven't done anything really exciting, except, yesterday, I felt like I was in the kitchen all day. It was crazy! I made meat loaf, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli for lunch. We had homemade peach cobbler for dessert; and, I baked cookies. Don't ask me why we needed peach cobbler AND cookies in the same day. We just enjoyed eating them. :)

Jake has the week off for Spring Break. I'm glad. Thursday's are as good as Saturday's to me, because it's the first day of the week he's home for the evening. Not this week, though. Maybe we can do something fun. Ah, knowing us, we probably wont do anything.

Mercedes has a new teacher in Primary. Yesterday was the first Sunday this year she's come home from church, and told me about her lesson. This could be a good thing. She has decided she wants to go on a mission. We better start saving.

Christina in into everything! It's just her. She doesn't ask questions when she wonders about things. No, that would be too easy. She likes to take things apart and figure out how they work. Somethings don't even need to be taken apart. They can just be dumped on the floor and spread all around, or what ever she does to try and figure said item out. I'm glad she's curious, but if she's quite, I know some breakthrough is happening somewhere.

Alex has an ear infection. As soon as he was on antibiotics, he got a virus. Go figure. He's miserable, and can't fight it because of the nature of antibiotics. I'm just glad he takes a little nap every day. It's a good break.

Chicken Nugget is a wonderful cat! Whenever one of the children is crying, she goes and sits near them until they're better. She has to be careful not to get to close, or they'll wrap her in blankets and carry her around like a doll. I don't think she likes it much, but she is so good at dealing with it! We love our Chicken Nugget. Funniest thing happened the other day! We bought some chicken nuggets, and when Jake told the kids what we were eating for dinner, they looked at their plates and started freaking out. They thought we were eating our cat! It was SO funny!

I hope all is well for you!

2 comments:

Angelina said...

I hope Alex gets feeling better soon. I hate ear infections. Wyatt has had a lot of them.

I think that is way funny about eating Chicken nuggets.

Melanie said...

Syrus and Colby would go nuts too if they new you were eating Chicken Nugget :O)