Thursday, July 2, 2009

What We're Up To

I haven't posted pictures for a while...that silly camera is somewhere again. It's been a good couple days. Alex is learning to walk. He's taken up to nine steps at a time and it's fun to watch him. The other thing he does is throw temper tantrums. It's hilarious! He's done it so much that he knows to be careful when he flails his body on the floor because he might smack his head.

Christina let me cut her bangs yesterday. It was a good thing 'cause I think she found the scissors and chopped them a little here and there. I was about to shape the hair on the sides of her face, and she started waving her hands at me and saying "Back away, shoo, back away!" Stina, you make me laugh!

Mercedes has been so busy playing outside! She loves playing with friends, in the water, running, riding her bike. All the things kids her age enjoy! She also loves taking care of her brother and sister. She really is a big helper!

Jake joined Facebook. He's a facebook fanatic who becomes giddy every time he gets a new friend or does some cool Mafia War's thing. Which, by-the-way, he wants everybody to join his mafia, so you better get busy. (Jake say's he "does not become giddy" but I just want you all to know that he does).

Some of our neighbors shared a bunch of strawberries with us; and, I was able to make strawberry jam. It's been a long time since we had strawberry jam, so it was such a treat! Besides the jam, the children loved munching on the fresh fruit all morning! Mmmm...it was a lot of fun and very tasty!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love hearing about the family like this. I believe it, Christina always has the funniest things to say!