Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy July 4th!!!

Boy, oh boy! When I started typing this, it was July 5th. Now it's August 5th! Where does all the time go?! I guess we better get started then...

We had so much fun on July fourth! Although, it was way exhausting; I'm not even kidding! First event of the day...a parade! Yeah! We met Aunt Kristy and some of her family and the kids had lots of fun eating free pop sickles and hanging out. I tried to get pictures of the things they liked most, but my camera has pretty much had it!

The children were given water and pop sickles to keep the heat away. Notice Stina's gum...

It's hot out here and the sun is so bright!

Ha! I'm just going to tease the camera all day, mom!

I never tease the camera. It's my best friend!

I don't even remember what these chicks are called. (Isn't that aweful)? It's some group from the high school.

The parade only had four floats, seriously. Three of them were four wheelers.
This was my favorite.

We had lots of fire engines drive by. Mercedes would sing "Be cool about fire safety" each time one passed; and, Christina would hide behind me because the people would squirt water at us!

The horses were Christina and Alex favorite!

After the parade, we all went to Kristy's for a BBQ! Most of Dan's family was there and Grandma and Grandpa Simmonds, Karen, Gary, Desiree, Kili, Taylor, and Steven were there. I hope I didn't leave anyone out! The girls got their faces painted and Christina loved playing with Kinsley.

After the BBQ, we went to Arby's work to pick up Jake. All three of the kids zonked in their seats! It was AWESOME!!! I wanted to sleep too, but there just wasn't time for that because we had one more place to go for the day.

Later that evening, we went to Grandpa Rod and Grandma Rae's home! We had the best cobbler, watched fireworks, and enjoyed each other's company.

Here's Grandpa Rod with Mia, his granddaughter, Mercedes, Rachel, and Sara.

Some of the kids enjoying their ice cream.

Fly me to the moon!

Ben bought two of these monsters. Each one lasted over three minutes! It was AWESOME!!!

Will this ever end?!

Oooooohhhh.....

We are tired, very tired.

Look, ma, I burned my thumb! (Crazy head)! We thought this was the end of our day, but boy were we wrong...

After these fireworks, we went to Grandma Twitchel's home. (I'm not sure how to spell the name). From her yard, we had a great view of the city firewors - close enough they were big, far enough away they weren't scary. After the city fireworks, we went home. (Everyone we were with stayed to watch more fireworks). It was a very busy day and we were all sleepy. I told my dad "It's a good thing we don't inflict this much fun on ourselves every day!"

No comments: