Friday, July 10, 2009

Aprons and Apples, Sew Odd...


This might sound a little strange, but I have been in a sewing mood lately! It's weird...all I want to do is get out the sewing machine and whip something up! And, I really want apple pie! I don't even like apple pie, but I like this. So here goes...

What about an apron? Just a little snip snip here and a stitch there and we should be able to complete one before getting too board! Here's a couple links to check out if you'd like to sew one! (No, there isn't a link for the one above. It's from Anthropologie. But I think we could come up with our own pattern, if we try).

http://tipnut.com/56-free-apron-patterns-you-can-make/

http://tipnut.com/free-apron-patterns-tutorials/

Then, to coin a phrase from my mother-in-law, "We're being domestic." On to the apple pie!

Brown Bag Apple Pie

Crust

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 T. milk

Combine and press into bottom of pie plate.

Filling

6-8 apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
2 T. flour

Toss apples with dry ingredients. Pour into crust.

Topping

1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 stick butter, softened

Combine until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie. Put pie in paper bag and fold up end. Spray bag with water. Bake at 350 for 45 min.. (I didn't cook mine in a bag, but it sounds like fun. I guess I'm just easily amused, hehehe).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That is an odd combination but I loke it!

Jake and Krystal said...

Dude, is "loke" like a combination of "love" and "like" 'cause I loke it! Hahaha