Friday, May 29, 2009

Scraches, Maple Syrup, and Kitten Fuzz

Yesterday, Dan came out and helped Jake prepare the cement pad for the "Arby's Shed." Thank you Dan! It's a good thing he came, 'cause everything I said to do was wrong! (Cause ya know...I'm all knowing when it comes to cement laying...mmhmmm). Anyway, he and Jake did a great job and we were so grateful for the help! Poor Dan actually finished all the cement by himself. It would have really been a mess if he hadn't been there because...

While they were working on that, I took Alex in, fed him, laid him down for a nap and poof! Stina was gone! Couldn't find her! Looked everywhere! The house, the yard, the neighbors' yards - neither of the neighbors were home so I just walked around. Jake came to help and we rode our bikes around the neighborhood, but still couldn't find her! We had both checked the house really well, closets, cabinets, under beds. Re-checked the neighbors' yards, the Bee Hive Home twice. I finely told Jake to call dispatch to see if anyone had found her.

Mercedes and I were still riding bikes around looking and a police man showed up at the house. So we rushed home to see if maybe he had her. He didn't. Less than 30 seconds later, another one pulls up, ready to canvas the neighborhood. Two officers got out and asked if I had seen a little blond girl in a red shirt and orange plaid shorts. I just smiled and said "that's my daughter and I'm looking for her too. Then, I looked over and there was my Stina in the neighbors back yard with a bloody knee! Poor baby. By the time I got her out of the yard, there were six vehicles in front of the house ready to help find her. Thank you!

Want to know what happened? She had gone into the neighbor's house, through the back door and had been playing with their kittens - hence the bloody scratched knee. That's why we never saw her there. She just happened to leave the door open when she came out. Poor Stina was covered in scratches, maple syrup, and kitten fuzz. And the kittens were covered in syrup.

If you leave your houses, especially if you go out of town, please lock your doors. You have no idea who might just wander in. I am so grateful that nothing worse happened!

That was the trauma of the day. I hope you never have to worry about a missing child. It was AWFUL!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so sad for Stinas little knees. Give her big kisses from me, pretty please!! I'm so excited for the shed getting done also.

Angelina said...

I am so sorry! I know how it feels to lose a child. Abigial wandered away in Wal-mart and it was the most nerve racking incident ever!! I am glad she is back safe and sound.

Krystal said...

I'm glad Abigail is back safe! Hopefully you're o.k. too. I was a wreck after - just wanted to cry and cry. It was awful!