Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh That Wonderful Corn


Christina can sleep anywhere! This was taken Sunday after church. We were all eating lunch and she left the table. This is where we found her when we left the table.

Now, on to the reason I'm making this post...I've got to tell you about the corn we bought the other day. The bishop did a little gardening class here. He told us the average last frost date here is May 27! Can you believe that?! Ok, so back to the corn. He talked to us about corn and what kind is really good. He said "buy Ambrosia, it's so sweet and good you'd never plant any other kind." So when we were at IFA buying grass seed, I saw bulk Ambrosia corn seed. "Jake, this is the kind the Bishop said to plant." Then I looked at the rest and said, "this is the kind he said not to plant." (N 199, supposedly not as good as Ambrosia).

There wasn't very much seed left, so I dumped the rest in a bag to buy. The paper on the front of the bin - with instructions and price - was missing, so I figured I'd just ask the bishop how to plant the stuff. Jake paid for everything and we left. I asked him how much the corn was but he didn't know. Then I saw the receipt. $18.99 a pound! WHAT?! Did I just read that right? Yep...$18.99 a pound! Can you believe that?! Good thing we only spent $15.00 on our little bag! No wonder they don't have a price on it!!! It was crazy! And then to top it all off, Christina held the bag on the way home and ate half of it! All we could do was laugh.

It still makes me laugh!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love that story!!!