Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peach Crisp

I didn't have a recipe for a peach crisp, but I really wanted one for breakfast the other day! This was perfect! Feel free to add more peaches or crumb topping if you want.

First, pre-heat your oven. Then, cut up peaches and place in a greased 9x9 baking dish. (I like to rinse the syrup off store-bought peaches first).

Place dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix.

Add oil and mix until combined well.

Bake 15-20 minutes in pre-heated oven. The top one was baked 15 minutes. The bottom picture was with the extra 5 minutes. It all tastes the same.

Enjoy!

Peach Crisp

1 quart peaches or a 29 oz can - I used a dinged can and rinsed the syrup off 'cause it's nasty! :o)
1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. white or brown sugar
1/4 c. wheat flour
1/4 tsp. nutmeg, ginger, or cinnamon - I like cinnamon
1/4 c. oil or butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 9x9 baking dish. Place peaches inside. (I also cut my peaches into smaller chunks for my kids). Mix dry ingredients well and add butter or oil. Mix till crumbly and sprinkle on peaches. Cook in hot oven for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy plain or add vanilla ice cream or cream if you like.

2 comments:

ang said...

Wow Krystal! You are awesome, do you mind if I put a link of this blog on the cooking blog? There is some good stuff here.

Jake and Krystal said...

Ang, you just made my day! I don't think my family has even looked at this blog! Go ahead a put a link on yours if you want; and, hopefully, as I add more posts, you guys can find something useful! Take care! :)