Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Meet Chicken Nugget

Meet Chicken Nugget, our short-haired tortoise. (Tortoise refers to her coloration). I had originally named her Sienna; but, a few days ago we were playing when Christina saw her and exclaimed "Oh! My cat, Chicken Nugget!"

We love Chicken Nugget's energy! She's so fun! She jumps, she runs, she tries to climb the walls, and attacks us all randomly throughout the day. She is also an EXCELLENT mouser! I can't tell you how many times I have seen her try to catch the mouse courser as it moves across the computer screen, lol :)

And...I'm so excited!

We're going to get a dog! (But not right now). After testing, and a brief study of the many dog breeds that fit me specifically, I have discovered the one I want. No more of this buying a dog on a whim and not understanding it's specific breed needs. I tried this once. It led to too much stress! (Luckily, Sunday now has a good family where everyone loves him - not just the kids). So, what dog have I picked?


This is a Newfoundland (Landseer, which is what I want) puppy. The Newfoundland is sweet, gentle, patient, and love their family's very much! When full grown, average height for a male is 28 inches at the shoulder and 130 - 150 pounds. I've seen them referred to as the "born babysitter" many times; and, "Nana" from Peter Pan was based on a Landseer, not a Saint Bernard.

I've been having lots of fun reading about Newfoundlands and hope we're able to have one in our family someday.

No comments: