Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Time

We had so much FUN this Christmas! The Friday before, we headed to town to visit family. It was pretty crazy, but we LOVE seeing all our family!

While at my parents, we went to Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and heard beautiful music, played games like Little White Lies and this other game about useless information. For example, "In 2006, how many brand new SUV's were sold?" And then you have to guess. I put 3,000. Try 3,000,000. Boy was I WAY off! Mom made yummy ham, funeral potatoes, and rolls. I loved it! Later, we saw The Princess and the Frog - which scared Mercedes and Christina pretty bad "'cause of those bad monsters." To make up for it, we went to Arctic Circle after and let them play and eat. Spencer even went and ate with us. I'm glad he decided to grace us with his presence, hehehe... (I think the last time I went out to eat and Spencer was there, he was flirting with girls on the other side of the restaurant. I'm not lying. We were at one wall, and they were clear across the room at the other wall. They even gave him their phone numbers, which a waiter eagerly handed him! Can you believe that)!?!

With Jake's family, we had a couple Christmas parties which were fun. At the Adult Christmas Party we ate Sour Bratten, which I don't know how to spell, homemade noodles and rolls, Green Bean Casserole, and this Fuchsia cabbage stuff. It's all German. I thought last years was weird, so I only ate noodles and UN-Sour Bratten. (Sour Bratten is meat soaked in vinager for about five days. It's zippy, and that's a BIG understatement). Supposedly, this years wasn't as bad as last year's. I can't say for certain 'cause I didn't try it. Maybe I'll give it a shot next year...

We had lots of fun with everyone!

And guess what?! Melanie and Doug so graciously gave us their extra camera. So, I have pictures to share! But we'll have to wait until I have time to add them. Love to you all!

No comments: