Monday, August 30, 2010

More From Me

Good morning! School starts up again today. I feel like I need to take more credits; but, I'm really torn between actually doing it and everything we've got going this fall. Mercedes LOVES school! She is having so much fun. Even when I think, "Alright, that was good for the day. We'll be done for the evening." She still wants to have another lesson. I don't think this is going to be easy, but I look forward to all our time together and am excited about learning "new" things.

Mercedes has been on a bug kick. She goes out with her jars and catches bees, butterflies, moths, grasshoppers, and spider egg sacks. I have no problem with any of the bugs, and knowing what I know about bees, these are o.k. too. But when she starts bringing spider eggs into the house, it really freaks me out. The last thing I want is baby spiders crawling out of the jar!

Christina has discovered a new puzzle. This girl is so good at them! It's amazing! She could spend hours putting them together. And then, when she's done, she's completely content to carry them around with her. She's also having lots of fun building things with clay and painting.

Alex is such a funny boy! He's always making me laugh. It's interesting that during the summer, when I'd get so busy with homework, he was the only one who could successfully peal me away from it. He's such a blessing!

Jake is on his way to the surgeon today. Too bad he's not actually having surgery though. We thought he was coming down with a UTI but it turns out it was a hernia! He's put on a good face, but there are times when he's in a lot of pain. Oh, the other day, Jake found out that at the end of the school year, we're supposed to mail all the K12 stuff back to K12. He was like, "What?! We don't get to keep everything? What happens if we don't send it back?" I guess he was very attached to all the cool stuff; and, now he just asks random questions like, "What about the clay? Do they really want used clay back?" And, "What about the [inflatable] globes? Do they really think these will still work when they get them back?" He has finely decided they donate everything to third world countries and this has brought him peace. Although, we have no idea what they really do with everything.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful day! Do many good things.

No comments: