Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Everyone's Got a Story to Tell

Today is a good day! Christina started preschool! I was really worried about her and how she would react to being left at a strange house, but she did o.k.. It's nice that Miss Dana let her keep her monkey with her, even though we were all told don't bring anything from home except a back pack. That monkey is her best friend in the whole world!!! And no, I didn't get a single picture because the camera has been dying for days now, and refused to summon any energy from it's lifeless batteries. Darn it.

Mercedes was so cute today! She was SO excited about Christina going to school, that she helped pick out Christina's clothes, collected her backpack, filled it with paper, colored pencils, and crayons, and rode her bike in front of us the whole way saying, "Christina, you're going to school!" There's nothing like big sis being excited.

Alex had an experience yesterday. We have a Playskool play house on our porch. I was on one side and Alex was on the other. All of the sudden I hear him scream and start crying. I was on the porch and stood up so fast I lost my balance and fell off of it. When I got up, Alex said, "Bug scare me." Now, usually I don't encourage fear of bugs, so I said, "your o.k., let's find it." When I looked at the house where Alex had been, do you know what I saw? It was a huge black widow! These aren't your average spider either! They're absolutely beautiful and amazing with their strips of brown and white, but just as dangerous as the more common black. I am SO glad that "bug" scared him and he left it alone. And, I'm glad no one was bit and that I was right there to take care of it! WOW!

Thank goodness for tender mercies! And thank goodness for bug spray!

1 comment:

Angelina said...

How fun for Christina. Scary about the black widow.