Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Playing Catch Up

We are all doing so good! Life isn't without challenge or disappointment, but it is good. Alex received his new cast yesterday. When he had his x-ray a week ago, the bones of his arm had healed so well, the Dr. couldn't find the break. But, being weak, it re-snapped in his sling some time between then and his appointment yesterday. When Alex returned, he was not happy, but Jake said he was very brave! His new cast is red and he loves banging it on the edge of the table when he eats. It must not hurt too bad.


We have our Chicken Nugget back AGAIN! Grrrr...that crazy cat. She decided to follow our neighbors on their early morning walk, and got lost. But, thanks to some help from the Lord, we found her again! After her two day adventure, she was a hungry mess, but unhurt. This picture is of when she was in the tree a couple weeks ago. Can you see her near the top? It was very high!

Christina is a bundle of imagination! I love watching her play. Two days ago, she climbed atop a bucket, raised her hands in the air, and proclaimed, "Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you," and directing our attention up to a corner of the living room, she continued, "Tinker Bell!" We clap and cheer and have so much fun watching her. Her circus includes: Tinker Bell, a monkey, a butterfly, horses, an elephant, a bouncing Tiger, Winnie the Poo, a puppy, Cruella De Vil, and the infamous Circus Rock! Dead serious. What would her circus be without the Rock - which quietly and invisibly sits on the kitchen floor.

Mercedes has quite an imagination too! She likes to play mom and take care of all her dolls. Mostly, she enjoys cooking, and is a budding entrepreneur who has set up shop in the toy room. She sold me a hot pad for $18.00 yesterday. I wish I could sell a hot pad for $18.00. Mercedes also saved her birthday and Christmas money, and finely decided what she wanted. She purchased a Disney Princes Wii game, which was mastered in about a day and a half. It is better than a piece of candy, though.


Jake is going crazy with school! Study, study, study, write, write, study, read, read some more, study again, I can't keep all his stuff straight. Good thing I don't really have too. It would make ME crazy!


I met with the Advisor at the school. I was hoping to get the last three classes I needed for my Associates done during the summer; but no, two of them aren't even offered until Fall. Because of this, it will be the end of Fall semester before I receive it. I don't think I've told you guys what I'm going to do. I've decided to pursue Elementary Education. Even though I'd never previously considered Eled, I feel like this is where I need to be. And, that's all the reason I need to go for it.

Life's opportunities are exciting!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

"life is to be enjoyed not endured" and you are all doing a great job of that! love the pictures.