Monday, September 7, 2009

Potty Training Stina - I Think it Backfired

O.K., Christina has been potty training since last Wednesday. This is all well and good except she's had quite a few messes on the floor. That's fine too. She is learning. O.K., she's had a lot of messes. I was talking to Windy, my neighbor, and I said "I just want to put her back in diapers." And she looked at me and said "No, you don't." Which I really don't, but it's so much easier, and cleaner, and the carpet doesn't stink - 'cause between kid pee and poop, vomit, and dog messes - which I thought we were over - I have now used my #10 can of baking soda and am officially out! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

This morning Christina hadn't peed yet, but she was showing signs that she needed to go. I kept picking her up and taking her to the bathroom; but all she would do is cry, "No, I can't. I can't." Finely, I didn't know what to do. She was standing next to the chair with her legs stiff and crossed and I just said to her "Christina, go sit on the potty." You know what she did? She walked over to the potty, sat down, saw a book, picked it up, flipped it open, and started peeing in the toilet! Can you believe that? It's the first time since Wednesday that she's done that! I was so elated I started bawling! Well, it was probably the stress too; but, poor thing. Holding up her hand, she exclaims, "Way to go, man!" and wants to give me five, but sees me crying and you should have seen her face. Boy, was she confused!

Stina stood up next to me, and wiping the tears from my face, told me, "It's O.K., Mommy. You're O.K.. I'm sorry."

As much as I told her I was excited for her, and proud of her, and she was such a big girl, I don't think she believed me because she hasn't peed in the potty since.

Poor thing...

2 comments:

Angelina said...

Gotta love potty training. That is great.

Melanie said...

Stina makes me laugh. I'm sorry its been so stressful just keep up the hard work and it will pay off in the end!