Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stroganoff - Yum!

I love Stroganoff! These are really easy recipes using items from our food storage.

Ground Beef Stroganoff
Sometimes I omit the hamburger and make mushroom stroganoff, which is great too!

1 lb. ground beef, optional
1 small onion, chopped (I use dehydrated)
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. mushrooms, sliced (I use a can of mushrooms, rinsed well).
3/4 c. sour cream, yogurt, or milk (I've also used powdered milk).

If using hamburger, brown with onion, salt, pepper, and mushrooms. Add soup and simmer 15 - 20 minutes. (I don't always wait that long). Stir in sour cream, yogurt, or milk. Heat through and serve over rice or noodles.

If I'm not using hamburger, I just through it all in a pot and heat it up. It's good either way.

Potato Stroganoff
This is my husbands version and my kids can't get enough of it.

1 lb. hamburger, optional
4-5 potatoes, depending on size, diced and boiled
2 cans cream of potato soup
milk for desired consistency
salt and pepper to taste

Brown hamburger with salt and pepper. Add diced and boiled potatoes and potato soup. Add milk until desired consistency is reached. Heat through and eat on egg noodles or rice.

No comments: