Monday, July 20, 2015

Enchiladas

This recipe is one I just throw together. I've never measured anything for it. My husband says my favorite saying in the kitchen is, "Just add enough to make it look good." These are great topped with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sour cream.

Cooked Spanish Rice (I like using Zaterain's)
Cheese
Enchilada Sauce
Cooked Chicken, optional
Tortillas

Mix rice, cheese, and enchilada sauce together. Add cooked chicken. Spoon into tortillas. Top with more enchilada sauce and more cheese. Bake in a greased pan at 375 degrees until cheese melts (20-30 minutes).

Skillet Variation

Instead of baking in the oven, cut the tortillas into bite-size pieces (a pizza slicer is great for this) and add to the enchilada filling. Heat through in a skillet and top with cheese. Fabulous!

No comments: