Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Road Home

Earlier this month we made a trip to The Road Home. It was awesome! We collected all of the children's clothes my kids couldn't wear any more - everything from when they were first born. We had so much that we filled my parent's Expedition and still had six boxes and two huge garbage bags to squeeze in. But, after a prayer and repacking the entire thing, it all fit! We took it to my mom's, sorted it, boxed it up, and delivered it. It was so neat to know that we were going to make a difference in the life of a family. Some where out there, some little child is going to have "new" clothes! I was so excited that my children helped with the whole process too. Mercedes was a big helper sorting and packing; and, they both had so much fun unloading all the boxes into the gentleman's cart who was helping us. I hope my children will have many opportunities to serve those around them. And, I hope they continue to feel joy in doing so.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Such good memories!