Friday, December 24, 2010

Long Over Due

Well, it is way beyond time for a new post! What do you guys think? I tell you what, being in school really messes up blogging. I don't write. I don't read. I feel so out of the loop!!!

It has been a good holiday season. Mercedes is in Ballet and has had five recitals since Thanksgiving. It is so fun to watch her! Miss Barbara is a sweet heart too. She's let Christina and Alex join in on the last dance number a few times and they enjoy it so much! It's also been good because we've been out to some of the community events that we wouldn't have gone to, like Holly Days and Breakfast with Santa. Mercedes is also quite busy with school and really loves it. In fact, K12 just had their winter event for the students, their friends, and family. We went ice skating, ate lots of pizza, and the students had a gingerbread contest. All I can say is, "Thank goodness for pre-assembled gingerbread houses!" Otherwise we probably wouldn't have had one. Of the 25 houses entered, Mercedes actually won one of five special prizes. She won Best Use of Frosting; but sh, we wont tell them that was the only part I did. (Although, I didn't do it all). Everything else was the kids' work. K12 also had an extra medal, so they gave it to Christina. She and Mercedes were all grins from then on.

Christina is really enjoying school too. She went through a little phase where she would scream and cry if I tried to take her, and there were a couple times I took her home. But, her teacher said she would be fine and to leave her. Miss Dana is a really gifted person and a huge blessing for Christina. I'm also grateful for her Primary teachers who have been amazing this year!

Well, Alex had surgery last month and just had his follow-up. His hernia is healing nicely. It was kind of weird that he had a hernia just after Jake, which I don't know if I ever got around to writing about. But they both had one within a month of each other. I'm SO glad they're feeling better! Alex is also crazy about trains right now. He loves them and is so much fun to watch as he plays. I just enjoy watching the children's imaginations bloom. It is so fun!

As for Jake and I, we have one more semester finished. WOOHOOOO! It is so good to be going to school, (Jake just read this and said, "No, no it is not,)" but it is also a lot of work between everything else. We had finals last week and now we can do something else for half-a-month. Maybe we'll clean house. Maybe we'll just talk about cleaning house. Who knows. ;)

And dud...dun...dun...tis the season for cheery greetings and warmest wishes. Merry Christmas to you and your family! We hope you find much peace and happiness as you enter the new year!

Love you all!

No comments: