Friday, May 28, 2010

Life is Consuming

Here's a brief update on our family. I now know why Laura only made posts about once every three weeks. There just isn't time! Holy cow! Do you know the words to Count Your Blessings? They completely epitomizes my life right now. That reminds me! (It's one of the songs I'm playing in Sacrament meeting on Sunday). And, you should have seen our spectacle last Sunday! I'm playing the organ, and here comes Christina, running across the stand, completely upstaging the conductor in the middle of the opening song. All I can think is, "Where is Jake?!" Well, between him being in and out of the chapel, running Alex home to pee in the potty because he wouldn't go at church, and being totally mortified, he never came and got her! And what am I supposed to do? Stop playing while everyone sings and make her sit down? That would just compound the situation! To make it worse, this continued for the WHOLE meeting! Can I just say something here? THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!! It's a good thing we know this. It's also a good thing we have a couple young women in the ward who have agreed to help Jake this Sunday, so it doesn't happen again. THANK YOU!!!

Mercedes doesn't like green beans or pickles, but she likes pickled green beans. What's up with that? (I just had to say that for you, dad). She also has a new knick-name from our neighbor, which I think is super cute! He calls her Beamer*. I like it!

Alex is tired of his cast. Yesterday, I caught him trying to cut it off twice with two different pair of scissors! Can you believe that? He's starting to talk more in sentences too. We had been loading the washing machine, I left the laundry room, and he shut the door behind me. After a few minutes, he hadn't come out, so I opened the door to check on him. Quick as lightning, he whirls around, points at me, and says, "No mom, out, door!" What was he doing, you might wonder? Playing in the kitty litter with the cat. NASTY!!!!

Jake is doing well in school. He's almost half done with both of his seven week courses. Then he has three more classes to finish, and he'll be ready for fall. He's tired and really discouraged about the way USU offers their Accounting Degree here in the Basin, but knows somehow it will work out. You're doing good, Dear. Just hang in there and do the best you can. We love you and are very proud of you!

Oh, and Chicken Nugget is psycho. She likes to play fetch at three in the morning. Unfortunately, this means I get to play fetch at three in the morning. Good thing she only plays for about three minutes.

Well, I think that about sums it up. I hope all is well with you! Love you too!!!


*Just for clarification, Mercedes of Mercedes Benz is named after the Daimler Company's French Distributor's eleven-year-old daughter in 1907, and is a Spanish name once reserved for Spanish aristocracy which means "our lady of mercy." She wasn't named after the car, I just loved the name from all my Spanish classes in Middle School, High School, and College.

1 comment:

Angelina said...

I love the Christina comes up to help play the organ. That is too cute. I remember at Wally's funeral they told the story of him playing the organ and one of his boys who was sitting next to him unplugged the organ during the song so Wally just gets up and walks to the piano and picks up playing where he left off. Kids . .. It happens to the best of us.