Thursday, October 15, 2009

Medical Up-date

So, I wrote my last post, "Crazy Headaches and Pancakes," a few hours ago; but, oblivious to me was the missed phone call from the Dr. at 11:04 a.m. this morning. (Just 2.5 hrs. after Mercedes CT scan). Wait a minute, this can't be good. We weren't expecting results until Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.. When I called back, the Dr. said Mercedes needed one more CT scan, this time of her neck. She is currently being shown her new room for the night 'cause she's having a sleep over at the hospital. We don't really know what's going on, just that she has an infection...At least that's what Jake thinks the Dr. said. "She really didn't say." So, they are there and I am here because we only have one car. It's hard knowing something is wrong, but not really understanding what it is. And I'm probably in denial 'cause I've already had a good cry, and now my senses just seem a little numb.

But, this much we do know...She will get better.
So, we'll keep you posted.

Enjoy your pancakes!

***Update: Mercedes has an abscess on her Carotid Artery and will be on antibiotics in the hospital for two days. If the abscess is not smaller after the antibiotics, then we'll deal with that then."There are four carotid arteries, with a pair located on each side of the neck. This includes the right- and left-internal carotid arteries, and the right- and left-external carotid arteries. The carotid arteries deliver oxygen-rich blood from the heart to both the head and brain."

1 comment:

Laura Morris said...

Hope she gets better! She'll be in our prayers!