Friday, April 29, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap and Fabric Softener "Sheets"

I am SO excited! I'm going to try making homemade laundry soap! I know...the things that amuse me... ;) Anyway, after I try it out, I'll let you know what I've discovered. One of the women in our ward has started making it, and loves it - and she was a Tide girl! She was at her daughter's softball game the other day and received the comment, "[Your daughter's] uniform is the cleanest one out there." If it works for them, it may just work for me - and you too!

Oh, and she told me how she started doing her fabric softener.

Fabric Softener "Sheets"

What you need:

5 gallon bucket with lid
Liquid fabric softener
Water
A couple new sponges, cut in half

What to do: If your fabric softener is not new, mark the side of the container where it's filled to. If it's un-used, don't worry about it. Pour the fabric softener into the bucket. Fill the fabric softener container with water to the mark or top. Pour the water in the bucket. Fill the fabric softener container again the same way and pour it into the bucket also. (Our solution should have twice as much water as fabric softener). Now, throw your cut-in-half sponges in the mix and it's ready.

How to use: When you're ready to dry clothes, grab a sponge, squeeze out some liquid, and throw it in the dryer with the wet clothes. Now dry. It works like fabric softener sheets and doesn't leave those greasy spots on everything!

1 comment:

Angelina said...

I want to know how your homemade launder detergent works. Please keep us updated.